Reporting Child Abuse

While CARE House provides resources for victims of child abuse, a formal child abuse report must be given to the correct agency.  If you suspect child abuse, below are some local numbers to call.

Reporting child abuse in Montgomery County

In an emergency situation
  • Call 911. You will reach your local law enforcement agency.
In a non-emergency situation
  • Call 937-224-KIDS (937-224-5437). You will reach the Children Services Division of Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services.
  • Call 855-O-H-CHILD (855-642-4453). You will reach the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.  An automated telephone directory will link you to the appropriate law enforcement or child welfare agencies in your county.

If you have any questions about how to report abuse, you may call CARE House at 937-641-4545.

There are also national child sexual abuse helplines for resources outside of Montgomery County.

Childhelp National Abuse Hotline

1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature and referrals to thousands of emergencies, social service and support resources.

Darkness to Light

1-866-FOR-LIGHT (1-866-367-5444)

A toll-free number for individuals – child or adult – living in the United States who need local information and resources about sexual abuse.

Stop It Now!

1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)

A national helpline for adults concerned for the safety of a child and do not know what to do.